Barclays Center announces registration for job recruitment events later this month, for "arena that is sure to make the neighborhood the pride of Brooklyn"
Note that the arena is in a neighborhood, Prospect Heights, that's bracing for the impact of 19,000 arena-goers, and that it's the confluence of neighborhoods with some mixed feelings.
full-time jobs, since the previous estimate was 1901 part-time and 105 full-time.
Priority is given to residents of Brooklyn's NYCHA housing developments or Brooklyn Community Boards 2, 3, 6 or 8, though it's not quite clear how "first in line for consideration during the recruitment process" will play out.
Pre-screening recruitment events are being held 6/25 - 6/29 in downtown Brooklyn, and registration is required for pre-screening events.
The screeenshot at right lists the jobs available. Those pre-registering are first asked about:
- their home address
- experience in the position (it would be helpful for those without experience to know what positions are the most plentiful)
- their highest education level
- Brooklyn residency status
- Brooklyn NYCHA residency status
- open availability
- legal authorization to work
- referral by an organization or name (does that mean it helps to have a 'hook'?)