According to the latest two-week Atlantic Yards Construction Alert, dated today and issued by Empire State Development (after preparation by Forest City Ratner), the path to a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) has been delayed somewhat, as indicated at last week's Atlantic Yards District Service Cabinet
The FDNY inspections of the fire alarm were supposed to be finished the week of 08/27/12 but now are "expected to be completed during this reporting period."The Department of Health inspection of the food service was scheduled for yesterday, 9/10/2012.
More continuing work
My prediction: the arena will open, but it will be a bumpy ride.
Below some contrasts, marked in bold, with the last Construction Update.
• The ice floor will have test ice made during this reporting period.
• The masonry, gypsum board and millwork contractors will continue working at all levels on punch list activities during this reporting period.
• The installation of the perforated metal panel in the main concourse will continue this reporting period.
• Final cleaning of the arena will be completed during this reporting period.
• The Transit Authority has decided to install the token booth and has commenced the installation. This work will continue during this period. The MVM’s will also be delivered and installed by NYCT. TA forces are also in the process of completing the installation of the AFC turnstiles.Carlton Avenue Bridge
• Median work at Carlton and Atlantic Avenues will begin on September 7th and will be completed during this reporting period. MPT along Atlantic Avenue will be shifted to allow for median restoration work.Arena site work
• The concrete pours for the Main Deck Slab, South Approach Slab and on-bridge sidewalks have been completed. Dry curing will be completed during this reporting period.
• Final welding of bridge bearings will be completed during this period.
• Pouring of concrete for sidewalks and parapet walls has been completed and the concrete will be during this reporting period.
• CAB utility, lighting and signal work will continue in this reporting period at both the north and south ends of the CAB. MPT will remain in place until after all underground utilities and final asphalt approach work is completed.
• Installation of pedestrian fence on the bridge will be ongoing during this reporting period
• Paving and striping will be completed during this reporting period.
•Excavation and grading of the B3 plaza has now been completed. Footings for the light pole bases are now complete. Finished concrete work will be completed. The soil has been placed and the lawn will be planted during this period. The loading dock entry and the truck staging area have also been paved. The fencing and light pole installation will follow during this period.AY Construction Alert 9-10-2012