Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

In "Brooklyn (Go Hard)," is Jay-Z hedging his Nets bet?

A year ago, in “Hello Brooklyn,” rapper and entrepreneur Jay-Z, who owns a small piece of the New Jersey Nets, promised, "So in a couple years baby I'm a bring you some Nets."

He's still promising, but his latest lyric doesn't even offer a vague time frame, In "Brooklyn (Go Hard)" (video; lyrics), Jay-Z promises, in unsurprising hyperbole, "Now when I bring the Nets, I'm the black Branch Rickey."

When exactly? Don't hold your breath. I guess Jay-Z is not listening to Brett Yormark.

The song, by the way, was produced by Kanye West and is the first single from the soundtrack for "Notorious" (due January 13), a biopic of the late Brooklyn rapper Notorious B.I.G., according to Reuters.

Comments