Saraceni makes three key points:
- Hockey fans never forget a mistake...
- Hockey fans are always upset or outraged about something...
- Hockey fans want hockey. Good, fun, winning hockey and a lot of it.
Various commenters suggest ways Yormark could have finessed the issue with apologetic candor and empathy.
Separately, a columnist suggests Yormark should step away from the Islanders, which ain't gonna happen. Another catalogued Brett Yormark’s Many PR Gaffes.
On IslesBlog, Joseph Buono suggests 3 Ways To Improve The Obstructed View Seating Experience
1) Brand it “The Barn”... Hand out rally towels, props, something that makes fans sitting in those seats feel a part of the game. Make the overall game experience in these sections different and not just because they can only see one goalie.
2) Tarp It / Horse Shoe Configuration... It would be far from ideal, but it would be unique, maybe even charming over time....
3) Incentivize the Experience... Dynamic Pricing or no dynamic pricing, these seats should not cost more than $10-15. If you are going to charge more, make other aspects of the Barclays Center experience more affordable for these fans.
All good ideas, especially the third one.