From the latest Atlantic Yards Construction Alert: backfilling suspended for weather; 45 modules (of 930) delivered in 2+ months
That's fewer than six mods a week since the beginning of the year, when deliveries were supposed to begin in earnest (after a media event in December, when the deliveries were said to begin). A maximum of eight mods a day--four during the day and four at night--can be delivered.
That means that, if all eight get delivered, they could finish deliveries of the 885 remaining mods in 111 work days, or fewer than 23 weeks, assuming no weekend work. At the rate of six a day, the 885 remaining mods would be delivered in 148 work days, or about 30 weeks, again assuming no weekend work.
At the rate of four a day, it would be 221 work days, or 45 weeks, which would push the completion of B2 into 2015. This opens the possibility that they might need weekend work to finish the tower so it can open by December 2014 as announced.
Also note that backfilling has been suspended due to the weather.
Below are verbatim excerpts from the alert.
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Backfilling will be suspended until the weather breaks. Work is projected to recommence in March.
• Rough in for the MEP trades in the basement and ground floor will continue during this reporting period.
• Block work in the cellar will continue during this reporting period, weather permitting.
• Brace frame erection will continue during this reporting period.
• Approximately 45 modules have been delivered and installed to date.
• Installation of temporary power and lights will be maintained throughout the project. This is an on-going activity.
• Daily cleanup activities of sidewalks and streets are ongoing as required.
Deliveries are scheduled to take place during this reporting period weather permitting.
LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Stage 2C work has commenced and will consist of Support of Excavation (SOE) work along Pacific Street between Carlton Ave and Vanderbilt Ave. SOE installation will include drilling of 106 24” diameter soldier piles, installation of lagging, installation of tiebacks, excavation/disposal of soil and demolition and removal of the existing concrete retaining wall. Work is anticipated to be completed in June 2014.
• Contractor will continue drilling the 24” diameter soldier piles along Pacific Street from the inside of the LIRR yard during this reporting period. The drilling equipment will be located within the rail yard. Sound – dampening blankets have been installed along the length of fence on Pacific Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues.
• 78 piles have been installed to date.
• Contractor will continue installation of lagging, excavation of soil and demolition of the lower portion of the concrete retaining wall along Pacific Street during this reporting period.
• Contractor will begin installation of tiebacks during this reporting period.