Latest Construction Update: noisy overnight work to begin May 14 (updated); Flatbush prepped for green roof work; B3 prep work begins
Update: the work will start Thursday, May 14, and last seven nights.
Also, the developers plan work on Flatbush Avenue in preparation for installing a crane to work on the Barclays Center's green roof. That work includes installation of fencing and overhead protection, as well as the removal of the benches, as well as deliveries.
Finally, not only is work expected on the B2 modular tower at Flatbush Avenue and Dean Street, but also site preparation and preliminary excavation/foundation work should begin at the B3 site at the corner of Dean Street and Sixth Avenue.
Below are extensive but incomplete excerpts from the new document. *Indicates new work being reported.
B2 - 461 Dean Street, Modular Residential
- The refurbishment of the construction fence on Dean Street is ongoing and is expected to be finished within this reporting period.
- Preparation for on-site erection of modules is continuing during this reporting period.
- Installation of the brace frame steel will occur in this reporting period.
- Work related to the erection of modules for floors 11, 12, and 13 is expected to commence during this reporting period.
B3 - 38 Sixth Avenue
- *B3 site control and responsibility will be transitioned from Hunt to Tishman for the construction of B3.
- *Site preparation work necessary to commence B3 MPT installation and excavation and foundation work will occur on site.
- *Preliminary excavation and foundation work will commence during this reporting period.
- Subject to weather and receipt of necessary approvals, the B3 crane will be disassembled the weekend of May 8-10 [AYR: completed] and the Flatbush Avenue crane will be assembled the weekend of May 16-17. Signage will be provided where there are street closures.
- *Installation of the fencing and overhead protection and the removal of the benches impacted by the Flatbush Avenue crane will begin the week of May 11.
- *Deliveries to the Flatbush Avenue crane location may commence during this reporting period. Trucks will travel northbound on Flatbush past the crane site and back into the fenced area to the lifting zone. Flagmen will be present as needed.
- Caisson pile installation is scheduled to resume in Block 1120 during this reporting period. [AYR: new but not flagged as new]
- Demolition of Atlantic Avenue retaining wall in Block 1120 will continue during this reporting period.
- Weekend work being performed inside the LIRR Tunnel will continue during this reporting period. Crews will access the Tunnel via the LIRR Yard entrance on Atlantic Avenue. This work is currently slated to continue through the end of 2015.
- The contractor will be installing mini piles and tie down anchors in the intersection, demolishing the 6th Avenue Bridge approach slab at the intersection, trenching across the 6th Avenue intersection of Atlantic Avenue for utilities, and setting/installing the main steel girder across the intersection.
- While this work is underway, the crosswalk along the south side of Atlantic Ave and the sidewalk along the east side of 6th Avenue will remain open; the northbound travel lane between Pacific Street and Atlantic will be closed. Individuals looking to cross to the north side of Atlantic Avenue will be directed to do so at the intersection of Ft Greene Place and Atlantic Avenue.
- Additional Flagmen will be posted at the intersections of Pacific Street/6th Avenue and Atlantic Avenue/6th Avenue to direct traffic and pedestrians.
- Given the need to close the intersection at Atlantic Avenue and 6th Avenue, this work is being performed at night pursuant to the DOT work permit. This work is expected to begin on May 13th and continue nightly (weeknights) throughout this reporting period. Work will commence after 9:30 pm and is expected to take approximately 8 hours. While the work is underway, the contractor will have directional lighting in the work area and will be using various pieces of equipment, including excavators, cranes, tieback/minipile drilling rig, hoe rams, air compressors and a boom truck. Portable fences with acoustic blanket linings will be installed around the work area to help dampen the sound.￼￼￼
B11 – 550 Vanderbilt Avenue
During this reporting period:
- Excavation and hauling of soil from site will continue.
- Installation of building foundations is ongoing, and installation of underground
- plumbing and electric materials has commenced.
- *Backfilling on the West foundation wall utilizing stockpiled material will start.
- Mobilization of the field office complex will continue during this reporting period.
- To facilitate placement of equipment that will be required for construction, the Parks Department has approved the removal of 4 trees along the Dean Street side of the project site within the MPT fence. These trees will be replaced with new ones during the final site work phase for this project.
- *Con Ed is scheduled to commence bringing additional electric power into a property manhole located within the site on Dean Street.
- *Additional Plexi-glass panels will be installed on the site fence at the corner of Vanderbilt and Dean Streets per FDNY direction to improve visibility.
- Excavation and foundation activities will continue during this reporting period. Work includes drilling of tie backs for the SOE system and the continued installation of lagging. These protocols provide instruction on roadway routing to and from the project site, queuing of trucks while on site and vehicle idling restrictions
- A tieback drill rig will be working on the SOE system. Drilling commenced in the northwest corner of the site at Pacific Street and Carlton Avenue and is working its way counterclockwise around the site.
- *Installation of spread footings and slab on grade will begin during this reporting period. A small crane has been mobilized inside of the excavation to assist in concrete operations.
- *Installation of foundation waterproofing and pouring of foundation walls will begin during this reporting period.
The Community Liaison Office is located at Atlantic Center Mall, 625 Atlantic Avenue on the 3rd floor. Visitors seeking the office should enter through the mall entrance located at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and So. Portland Avenue. The CLO’s hours are M-F from 9am – 4pm and can be reached by phone at 866-923-5315 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgAtlantic Yards/Pacific Park Brooklyn Construction Alert, May 11 2015