Barclays Center releases attendance count: 16,200 for Jay-Z but 18,200 for Streisand and the Nets (and far fewer for the Globetrotters, Benatar, etc.)
In predicting attendance, arena officials indicate that 18,200 people are expected for each of the two Barbra Streisand concerts, 2,000 more than for Jay-Z. That's likely due to the size of Jay-Z's set.
The other events expected to fill the arena are three Brooklyn Nets exhibition games (18,000*). So those five events may pose the biggest challenges in terms of community impacts.
*Corrected: I initially stated 18,200 for the Nets.
The projected attendance also indicates that numerous events are expected to fill little more than half the building, which presumably would require arena operators to cut off sections of the seating and/or put some tickets on sale at deep discount or give them away.
(They've already offered a package of discounts for the Harlem Globetrotter shows this Sunday.)
- Jay-Z: 16,200 (Sept. 28-Oct 1, Oct. 3-6, 8 pm)
- The Harlem Globetrotters: 8,400 (Oct. 7, 5 pm)
- Barbra Streisand, 18,200 (Oct. 11, 13, 8 pm)
- The King's Men: 8,300 (Oct. 14, 7 pm)
- Brooklyn Nets: 18,000 (Oct. 15, 18, 19, 7:30 pm)
- World Championship Boxing: 10,700 (Oct. 20, 6 pm)
- Rush: 12,800 (Oct. 22, 7:30 pm)
- Sensation, 14,000 (Oct. 26, 27, 7 pm)
- Journey, Pat Benatar, and Loverboy, 9,600 (Oct. 30, 7:30 pm)
- Smashing Pumpkins, 9,600 (Oct. 31, 8 pm)
Next month's calendar coming soon
Going forward, all calendars will be distributed mid-month, beginning with the November 2012 calendar being sent on Monday, October 15, according to Terence Kelly, the arena's Community Affairs Manager.