The text I've excerpted below mainly concerns text in the document that differs from the previous alert, with the new language in bold.
Steel Erection at arena site
• The steel erector is expected to work a second shift as needed the weeks of 10/17/11 & 10/24/11 as needed.Facade installation
• The installation of curtain wall and curtain wall/lattice panels will continue on the Flatbush Avenue elevation during this reporting period. A portion of this installation is expected to continue on a third shift this reporting period to allow for minimal interference with pedestrian and vehicular traffic on the Flatbush corridor. This permit has been approved by DOT with the DOB crane permit and the MPT is being revised the week of 10/03/11.Fireproofing
The spray fireproofing will continue throughout this reporting period. The contractor performing this work will use temporary electric to power their equipment. The spray fire proofer will work a second shift beginning this reporting period in Quad “C”. The second shift will be continued on an as needed basis beyond that date.Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing
• The primary switchgear for the Network Protector Room and the ConEd vault will be delivered this reporting period.
• The piping for the storm/sanitary/water services to the arena at 6th & Pacific as well as Dean & Flatbush is expected to continue during this and the next reporting period. The tie-ins for this piping will require work in the street. A second and/or third shift is being considered to execute this work.
• The elevator/escalator subcontractor completed the installation of the Atlantic Avenue elevation escalator equipment during last reporting period, and will move to the VIP entry escalator this reporting period. The vertical transportation contractor is expected to work a second shift during this reporting period.Interior buildout
The drywall framing & construction subcontractor (GWB) will continue layout of walls during this reporting period and will continue placement of the top wall track and partition walls at the suite levels. Steel stud placement for partition walls will continue during this reporting period. The wall board installation will start at the Event Level Nets Campus area this reporting period.New subway entrance
The new roof over the new fare array has been poured. Construction of the staircase is substantially complete. Concrete formwork for the foundation walls is substantially complete and construction of the station roof near the tip, at Flatbush and Atlantic Avenues, is progressing. The two new escalator trusses from the fare array to the new plaza have been set and assembly is underway. The new elevator enclosure has also been erected and elevator rail installation has commenced.
Steel erection for the main structure is substantially complete. Steel erection of the above ground entrance canopy has commenced and will continue during this reporting period.Waterproofing
Waterproofing behind the foundation walls is now substantially complete. Waterproofing of the new roof will follow in the next two months.Railyard
Drilling – Support of Excavation, & Tiebacks,Utility work
• Drilling of tiebacks will continue in various areas of the yard (BL1120 and BL1121). These tiebacks are drilled by small rigs, and are required at several elevations as excavation and lagging continue to the final depth of the yard sub-grade. Tieback drilling and placement of the attendant wood lagging will continue for several months, as they go together with excavation. Structural bracing of the car shop roof will continue this reporting period. Due to the need to expedite this work for structural support and stability this work item may be progressed on a double shift and/or Sundays. The second shift, if required, would run from 3 PM to 11 PM weekdays.
• Posillico/Tully has started to excavate, sheet, shore and pour concrete in the area on the west end of Block 1120 for the installation of the site drainage ejector vault. This work has started to move eastward as excavation and shoring is installed for the deep drainage piping associated with the ejector vault. They will also start excavation for the associated storm water manholes. This work will be ongoing for the next 3 months.
• Stage One began in early August. The first work will include the installation of a distribution water main along the sidewalk of Flatbush, north of Atlantic. The work will be done at night (10 pm to 6 am) and will require partial closure of the sidewalk and the curb lane of traffic during the work hours. The work will take two to three months in this location and then will move on southward and cross Flatbush. The bus stop at the west side of Flatbush, north of Pacific, has been removed by NYC DOT, per the approval of NYCTA. The trench for the work in the Flatbush sidewalk is completed and plated. The contractor did not work in this zone this period because their forces were needed to complete work on Traffic Mitigation Site Work in other areas to meet a more urgent deadline. The installation of pipe in the trenches will continue during this period. Trenches will be plated over every morning and sidewalks and travel lanes will be re-opened.Nighttime & Weekend Work
During this reporting period the Contractor will be continuing the work on taps into the water and sewer mains on Dean Street. The Flatbush water and sewer and the Dean Street sewer taps were completed and inspected by DEP. The roadways were backfilled. We are awaiting a DEP determination on the location of the valve box at the Flatbush Avenue water service. The leaking water and sewer connections to former business on the south side of Dean Street were repaired during the last period. Discussions are underway with DEP on how the repair should be done. The excavation work at Dean Street required the removal of approximately 40’ to 60’ of the 16 foot fence on Dean Street. An 8’ tall barrier consisting of plywood on Jersey barrier was installed to replace the 16’ fence and to serve as the construction fence during the work. The contractor will move the barrier out of the way when trenching occurs in the immediate area and will plate over and replace the barrier on a daily basis. Backfill and pavement restoration will be performed after all DEP inspections are complete. All of the water and sewer work in this area must be performed at night between 10 PM and 6 AM per DOT stipulations.
Installation of the Flatbush Avenue façade and the installation of bollards along this same stretch. The MPT revisions started on October 3rd. Part of the overall site work for the arena block, bollard installation, will commence at the intersection of Dean and Flatbush in the area of the southern vents and will continue north along Flatbush, eventually continuing around the entire block. Other work that will be done as part of the site work includes sidewalks, installation of pavers, street furniture, street trees, light and signal poles, way finding signage, hydrants and the canopy to the new subway entrance. Additional detail on the work will be provided as the contractor progresses.
During this reporting period the following work will be performed either at night or during the weekendAtlantic Yards Construction Alert 10-10-2011
as noted. All work will be done pursuant to approved permits:
• Long Island Rail Road/Vanderbilt Yard/ Carlton Avenue Bridge:
o Construction hours are 6am – 4:30pm.
o Construction work will take place on Saturdays during the hours of 7am – 5:30pm for a period of at least three months. Saturday work is expected to continue for this reporting period.
o Beginning on Sunday, September 18, 2011, construction work will take place on Sundays during the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:30PM for a period of at least three months. The work being performed will be confined to two areas:
The LIRR car shop for the installation of the roof structural support system, demolition of existing yard-side wall, excavation and construction of new deeper footings.
The area of the former Northeast Gas Station (Block 1121, lot 42) for installation of lagging and tiebacks for the support of excavation.
• Arena Site:
o Arena weekend work will be scheduled no later than close of business on the preceding Thursday, where make-up work due to weather or other delays makes it necessary. Saturday work is expected to continue for this reporting period.
o Subject to receipt of permits, a second shift shall be continued throughout this reporting period, from 3 – 11 PM, Monday-Friday only. Also subject to receipt of permits, a third shift shall be instituted during this reporting period, from 11 PM – 7 AM, Monday –Friday only.
o Hunt has been granted a permit to allow for deliveries from 6 AM to 7 AM to the Arena site from the dispatch center. This work allows for an additional hour of deliveries to take place outside the neighborhood peak traffic patterns and reduce congestion and interference with the local traffic NYC Transit Improvements:
o Temporary concrete road decking is substantially complete, however, in the event there is a need to do any related work, such work will be performed at night per DOT regulations. Traffic will be restored every morning according to DOT stipulations.
As noted above, work will be performed to repair steel within the BMT Tunnel and will be conducted under a BMT GO [General Order] during the weekend of October 15th as approved by the NYCT. Additionally, work related to of the BMT structure and below grade concrete, steel and MEP work may be conducted on Saturday October 22nd during this reporting period.