The agenda, at right, is not terribly enlightening, suggesting presentations by Empire State Development and the Atlantic Yards Community Development Corporation--which are run by the same state staffer--and also by developer Greenland Forest City Partners.
They will answer questions, and perhaps some of these will come up:
- how fast are the two rental towers (461 Dean and 535 Carlton) leasing up?
- how many people are living in (as owners, or renters) in the condo tower 550 Vanderbilt?
- when will people move into the fourth tower, 38 Sixth (like 535 Carlton, "100% affordable")?
- what's going on with rats related to this construction site (and others)?
- if the B6 and B7 sites don't need a platform, how support the adjacent open space?
- when will 664 Pacific (B15) actually start?
- what's going on with Site 5, where a giant two-tower project is percolating?
- if Greenland says new towers will start this year, but Forest City is more cautious, what's the official word from the joint venture Greenland Forest City Partners?
- if new towers will start, will they be 25% affordable?
- are there any plans to make arena renovations to accommodate the Islanders? (they won't answer this one, I'm just throwing it in)