From the latest Construction Update: Saturday work continues, no acknowledgment of Sunday work; Atlantic Ave. crane finally coming down?
Note that Saturday work will continue at several sites, but no Sunday work is announced at any tower sites. (There will be "weekend work" at the railyard.)
However, there was work this past Sunday at a tower site on Block 1128 (666 Pacific Street, part of the project ultimately called 664 Pacific), with no visible permit, and the city Department of Environmental Protection said a revised permit allowing such work was issued.
Also note that, while it's not new, exterior façade adjustments and paint repairs are ongoing on B2, the modular tower, which was not supposed to require such work.
New work is described below.
B3 - 38 Sixth Avenue
• Temporary electric work will begin during this reporting period. This will involve a two day closing of the sidewalk along Dean Street, which will be done in accordance with obtained DOT permits.This was supposed to happen in the previous two-week period.
Arena Green Roof
• Atlantic Avenue crane is expected to be disassembled on Friday, November 20th, subject to receipt of all necessary approvals. A community notice will be distributed.This has been delayed multiple times.
LIRR Yard Activities – Night/Weekend Work/Yard Work
• Weekend Yard/West Portal work will be performed during the reporting period. Work is expected to include LIRR tunnel roof support installation and/or the selective demolition of LIRR tunnel wall for west portal steel column installation.This could be noisy.
B11 – 550 Vanderbilt Avenue
• Hoist jump will take place on Saturday, November 14, 2015.This was supposed to have happened on Oct. 31.
B14- 535 Carlton Avenue
• Begin the work on standpipe for the site.B-15 (6th Ave and Pacific Street)
• Dean Street hydrant relocation will occur.
• The arena and B2 site will clear the Broadcast lot of any stored materials and equipment, in preparation for turnover to the demolition contractor.Block 1120 & 1128 Demolition
• Clean out of Block 1120 buildings has been completed.
• Abatement of the Pacific Street building on Block 1128 will continue during this reporting period. After completion, contractor will proceed to Block 1120 buildings.
• Demolition of the Dean Street buildings is expected to commence during the reporting period.