According to the latest two-week Atlantic Yards Construction Alert, aka the "two-week look ahead," distributed at 10:26 am today by Empire State Development after preparation by developer Forest City Ratner:
Deliveries commenced on Wednesday, night, December 11th. Deliveries are scheduled to take place during this reporting period, commencing during the evening of Monday, January 20th.Now, it was a holiday yesterday, but it still defeats the purposes of a "look ahead" if something has already happened. (Note that a neighbor tells me no deliveries were actually made--I recognize the weather is lousy. I'm out of town--hence the lateness of this report.)
Also note that, while deliveries commenced in early December, they also stopped immediately, for more than a month, confirming suspicions that the December activity was mostly a media event.
Other activities, excerpted from the alert
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Installation of site utilities will be completed during this reporting period within the MPT.
• Backfilling will continue during this reporting period between the arena and B2 foundation wall.
• Spray on fireproofing will continue at the sub cellar level during this reporting period, weather permitting.
• Rough in for the MEP trades will continue during this reporting period.
• Block work on the 1st sub-cellar and cellar will continue during this reporting period, weather permitting.
• Weather permitting, hoist slab (10’ x 10’) is scheduled to be poured during this reporting period. Pour will require 1 truck and approximately 5 yards of concrete.
• Installation of temporary power and lights will be maintained throughout the project. This is an on-going activity.
• Nighttime Deliveries:
o All nighttime deliveries must take place between the hours of 10 pm and 5:30 am.
o All nighttime deliveries will be coordinated with arena operation’s events and loading dock activities to ensure there are no conflicts.
o When there are a maximum of four nighttime deliveries, two modules will be stored over night after delivery in Dean Street on the north side outside of the MPT area. One will be in front of the B3 plaza and one will be just east of the MPT east exit gate and west of the arena loading dock. The two other modules will be stored overnight within the MPT area.
o The pedestrian path adjacent to the MPT area will be closed and signed when modules are being stored overnight in Dean Street. The shared vehicular and bicycle lane will remain open to travel. The pedestrian path will be reopened after the two modules stored in Dean Street are picked by the crane from outside the MPT area, first thing the following morning.
o In the morning, beginning at 7:00 AM, the two modules stored overnight in Dean Street will be picked first from outside the MPT area, followed by the two stored inside the MPT area.
• Daytime Deliveries:
o Daytime deliveries are required to occur between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm. A maximum of four modules will be permitted.
o All daytime deliveries will proceed directly into the Dean Street B2 MPT area and will not encroach on Dean Street itself.
o The pedestrian path adjacent to the MPT area will be open other than at times specified above and Dean Street will be open all of the time to both vehicular and bicycle travel.
LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Stage 2C work has commenced and will consist of Support of Excavation (SOE) work along Pacific Street between Carlton Ave and Vanderbilt Ave. SOE installation will include drilling of 106 24” diameter soldier piles, installation of lagging, installation of tiebacks, excavation/disposal of soil and demolition and removal of the existing concrete retaining wall. Work is anticipated to be completed in June 2014.
• Contractor will continue drilling the 24” diameter soldier piles along Pacific Street from the inside of the LIRR yard during this reporting period. The drilling equipment will be located within the rail yard. Sound – dampening blankets have been installed along the length of fence on Pacific Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues.
• 29 piles have been installed to date.
• Contractor will continue demolition of the retaining wall along Pacific Street. A small portion of this wall needs to be demolished prior to completing pile installation at the east end of the work area.
• Contractor will begin installation of lagging, excavation of soil and demolition of the lower portion of the concrete retaining wall along Pacific Street during this reporting period.
How to Reach Our Community Liaison Office (CLO)
The Community Liaison Office is located at 752 Pacific Street. The CLO’s hours are M-F from 9am – 4pm and the phone number, 866-923-5315 and email, email@example.com will remain the same. Visitors seeking the office should enter through the guard booth at the corner of Carlton Avenue and Pacific Street.