Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

Yes, that "Angela Davis" quote is gone from the Barclays Center subway station. Now: a pharmacy ad

Well, I'm not sure exactly when it was replaced, but sometime between 1/7/21, my previous visit to the Barclays Center, and 3/11/21, my most recent visit, the quote attributed to activist Angela Davis (but not confirmed)--“I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I can no longer accept”--is gone.

Now, as shown below, there's an ad for generic medications.

The space for the banner is controlled by the operator of the Barclays Center, a spokesperson for which told me last July, “A partner of ours wanted to show support [for protests] but wishes to remain anonymous."

Now, as with the Martin Luther King, Jr. quote that emerged last June after protests and persisted at the arena oculus until November, it's back to commerce. (The oculus can be briefly reprogrammed.)



Comments