From the latest Construction Update: Sixth Avenue *not* closed on Saturday; murkiness on overnight deliveries (updated)
The latest Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park Construction Update, covering the weeks of January 18 and January 25, should have been issued last Friday, as a preview. Instead, it came late Wednesday morning, more than one business day late.
Sixth Avenue between Dean & Pacific Street will be closed during this time.
At the Vanderbilt Yard, overnight deliveries were supposed to begin Tuesday night--after the notice was received--and last through Friday nights. The document states:
• Delivery and installation of the LIRR 38kV Substation, 5kV Substation, and Substation Control Buildings are expected to be completed during this reporting period. Project deliveries of the equipment will take place during overnight hours starting on January 19th through January 22nd; vehicles will access the site at Pacific and Vanderbilt and will be stored overnight in the Pacific Street staging area. Installation of the substation equipment may require overnight, extended weekday work hours and weekend hours to complete. *Note that the "overnight, extended weekday work hours and weekend hours" cited above were not indicated in the Community Notice issued last Friday, nor does either document detail the number and extent of deliveries. Nor did I get a response to my query about the number and extent.
There will be Saturday work at the B2 (461 Dean Street), B3 (38 Sixth Avenue), B11 (550 Vanderbilt Avenue), B14 (535 Carlton Avenue), and B15 (664 Pacific Street). There will also be work up to 9 pm weekdays at B14. Night and weekend work will continue at the Vanderbilt Yard.
Below are verbatim excerpts from the document, citing new work.
B11 – 550 Vanderbilt Avenue
• Connection of the buildings to sewer and water in Pacific Street will occur during this reporting period.B12 – 615 Dean Street
• DOB has issued an excavation permit, construction fence separating the B12 site from the B11 site has been installed, and one permanent footing has been completed.B-15 (6th Ave and Pacific Street)
• Site preparation and removals of any above grade structures within the site, stripping of asphalt, and general excavation and removal of top layer of material may begin during this period.
• Soil that has been classified as clean, contaminated or hazardous will be removed from the site as part of the excavation activities and brought to appropriate disposal locations.
• Excavation of test pits to locate footings of demolished buildings will occur during this reporting period.