Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

Wrestling personality Noelle Foley, after being denied entry to Powerhouse 2014 show at Barclays Center: "I want to, like, punch your building"

It turns out that the decision by the Barclays Center to close entry to the  to Powerhouse 2014 hip-hop show on Thursday 10/30/14, made after a "mob" rushed the entrance, pissed off more than a few people, including one with a big megaphone, Noelle Foley, who's the daughter of famed wrestler Mick Foley.

First she (and her father) tweeted their dismay, and yesterday she took it to a new level.





As summarized by Cageside Seats :
Although Noelle Foley confirmed she has been training to become a professional wrestler, her father, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley, prefers she be a wrestling personality. Either way, she'll have to cut promos and to that end, she cut one on the Barclays Center in Brooklyn after a recent incident at the venue. 
Skip to the 4:18 mark of the above video, an episode of a show she hosts that features her playing with action figures while recapping WWE television. Here's the transcription: 
"Listen here, Barclays Center: I have a little message for you. How dare you deny me entry inside your building when I paid for those tickets with my own money. You can't just not let me in. I was being calm and collective (sic). NOT ANYMORE! That's because of you, Barclays Center. You made me angry, you did this to me. I don't know what I'm going to do. So many thoughts are running through my mind and I just want to... I want to, like, punch your building and rip its head off and I know buildings don't have heads but I just want to rip it off."
She didn't quite explain what happened, but, then again, neither has the venue beyond this statement:
Due to a group of disruptive people which sought to gain entry to tonight's Power 105.1's Powerhouse 2014 concert at Barclays Center, we elected, in consultation with the 78th Pct, to close the doors and no longer allow patrons to enter the building at 9:30 pm.
We apologize for the inconvenience to any ticket holder who was unable to enter the arena. We made the decision to close the doors to preserve the safety of our guests and our building. For any customer service related questions please email guestservices@barclayscenter.com. Again, we apologize for tonight's inconvenience. Safety is our No. 1 priority and it will not be compromised.

Comments