From the latest Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park Construction Alert: overnight steel deliveries for arena green roof now starting this week
The previous alert said the deliveries were supposed to begin last week. Only after inquiries did I learn that there will be 40 total deliveries, but the state was unable to estimate how many nights that would encompass.
Also coming is a 16-foot construction fence around the southeast block of the project site, Block 1129, with the parking lot operation slated to close on or about 11/29/14. As far as I can tell, the recent environmental review did not indicate the full loss of parking.
Below, verbatim excerpts from the document:
Arena Green Roof
• Steel installation has commenced, with large steel truss deliveries expected to commence during the week of November 24th. Deliveries are being made to both the B3 and Atlantic Avenue crane locations. Deliveries to the B3 crane location will be staged on the Dean Street and 6th Avenue sidewalks. The adjacent pedestrian pathways will remain closed while steel trusses are being picked and/or while trusses deliveries are being made. Flagmen will be present to direct pedestrians away from the work area.
• Given that they are oversized loads, deliveries of the large steel trusses will be made during overnight hours in accordance with DOT regulations.
LIRR Yard Activities - Block 1120 & 1121
• Contractor has completed mobilizing the drill rig to the eastern portion of the Atlantic Avenue MPT. Drilling of SOE piles on the eastern side of 6th Avenue will begin during this reporting period. It is not currently anticipated that this work will be at night.
• Work related to the cutting and capping of the 36” NYCDEP trunk water main located on the south side of Atlantic Avenue has been completed.
• Soil characterization borings required to facilitate soil disposal related to future building construction at the B12 and B13 sites within Block 1129 will continue during this reporting period.
• 752 Pacific Street building has been fully demolished. Contractor will continue to sort demolition debris and truck off site to its recycling facility during this reporting period. Particulate monitoring will continue during these activities and soil will be kept damp as needed.
• Contractor will begin installation of 16’ fence around Block 1129. Work will commence at the Carlton Avenue and Pacific Street intersection. Notice of the installation of this construction fence was given to the community – copy is attached.
• The parking lot operation was shifted to the eastern end of the lot to accommodate the demolition of 752 Pacific Street. Given the impending commencement of construction of the B11 and B14 residential towers, the parking lot will cease operations on or about November 29th.