From the latest Atlantic Yards Construction Alert: B2 up to 189 modules; constriction of Atlantic Avenue begins Thursday; two nights of overnight work
• Erection of 7th floor is complete and 8th and 9th floor module erection will follow during this reporting period. During this same period mechanical, plumbing and electrical mate line work will continue.LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Rough in for the MEP trades in the basement and ground floor will continue during this reporting period.
• Masonry and spray on fireproofing will continue on the 1st floor during this reporting period.
• Hoist will become operational during this reporting period.
• Work related to the perimeter framing for the metal panels on the 1st floor and Dean Street entrance will commence during this reporting period.
• On or about 7/10/2014, Contractor will commence Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) work on Pacific Street, just east of 6th Avenue. Support of Excavation (SOE) work will take place along the north side of Pacific Street within this MPT. SOE installations in this area will include the installation of solider piles [sic; surely "soldier piles"], lagging, and tiebacks.
On or about 7/10/2014, MPT will be extended into the north side of Pacific Street and Pacific Street will become one way (westerly) in order to allow for pile drilling preparations along the north side of Pacific Street to begin. Sound blankets will be installed along the MPT barrier fencing;
On or about 7/21/2014, pile drilling will commence along Pacific Street and is expected to take approximately 4 months to complete. During this time period the north sidewalk will be closed.
Once pile drilling is complete, the MPT will be shifted further north allowing two-way traffic to be returned on Pacific Street; however the north sidewalk in the area of the work will remain closed for ongoing SOE installations. The MPT will remain in this location with this portion the north sidewalk closed for approximately 8 months.
Notification will be provided to the community in advance of traffic directional changes along Pacific Street.
All work shall be done during daytime hours pursuant to approved DOT permits; while not expected, if required, any nighttime or weekend work would be pursuant to proper permits and advance notification will be given to the community.
• On or about 7/10/2014, Contractor will commence Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) work on Atlantic Ave, between Fort Greene Place and South Cumberland Street. MPT installations, which will include removal of existing concrete medians (starting at Fort Greene Place and proceeding east), placing MPT barriers and shifting/altering of traffic lanes (3 westbound lanes and 2 eastbound lanes will be maintained throughout the term of the MPT installation), will allow for construction of the LIRR West Portal along the south side of Atlantic Avenue. MPT installations along Atlantic Avenue will be modified as work progresses. This work will be ongoing and MPT will be in place along Atlantic Avenue for approximately 24 months.
o On or about 7/10/2014, Contractor will install MPT along the Atlantic Avenue median and restripe the roadway as required to allow for the demolition of the median. This MPT installation and stripping is being done at night and is expected to take 2 nights to complete.
o Once the MPT is in place, work to remove the concrete median will take place. This work will be done during daytime hours.
o Nighttime or weekend work will be pursuant to proper permits and advance notification will be given to the community.
• During the week of 7/14/2014, Contractor is expected to continue excavation and offsite disposal of soil and concrete rubble/rock in Block 1120.
• Contractor will continue installation of tiebacks, lagging, excavation of soil and demolition of the lower portion of the concrete retaining wall along Pacific Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues, during this reporting period.
• Contractor will continue restoration of the earthen ramp along Pacific Street in block 1121 during this reporting period.