The alert states:
• Continue installation of reinforcement steel for foundation walls. This activity will continue through this reporting period. There may be a possibility that this activity may be also be done on a 2nd shift (for a 2 week period), subject to DOB approval of work hours.Note that the previous alert cited 25 trucks on those days.
• Pouring concrete foundation walls will continue during this reporting period. This activity will be take place approximately every 2-3 days during the reporting period. The day of the pour there will be 8-12 concrete trucks delivering to the site during the course of the day. A separate logistics plan has been submitted and approved by the OEM for this work.
The new alert also says the "[r]emoval of knock out panel in arena foundation wall is expected to commence during this reporting period."
As with the previous alert, this states that requests have been made to the city Department of Buildings to allow construction activities on Saturdays from 7 am until 6 pm, work until 11 pm on weekdays, limited to installing rebar in the foundation walls, and a 5:30 am start on weekdays, on days when concrete pours occur.
Unmentioned is whether the DOB actually granted those requests, though the DOB has not had a record of denying them.
No work is currently scheduled for July 4th.
LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Excavation/hauling of soil, installation of lagging and retaining wall removal will continue during this reporting period.Note that the previous alert described the mitigation process in more detail.
• Tieback/Soil Anchor installations along the south wall of the LIRR yard will begin during this reporting period. Work will begin at the east end of Block 1120 (between 6th Avenue & Carlton Avenue) and progress to the east.
• Noise and Dust mitigation procedures and monitoring will continue throughout the duration of the work
Atlantic Yards Construction Alert 6-24-2013