Delivery of modules to the B2 site is supposed to resume Sunday night, Feb. 9/10, weather permitting.
Some verbatim excerpts below.
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Backfilling will continue during this reporting period between the arena and B2 foundation wall.LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Rough in for the MEP trades will continue during this reporting period.
• Block work on the 1st sub-cellar and cellar will continue during this reporting period, weather permitting.
• Installation of temporary power and lights will be maintained throughout the project. This is an on-going activity.
• Daily cleanup activities of sidewalks and streets are ongoing as required.
• General Delivery of Modules Process: Deliveries commenced on Wednesday, night, December 11th. Deliveries are scheduled to take place during this reporting period, commencing during the overnight of February 9th /February 10th, weather permitting.
• Stage 2C work has commenced and will consist of Support of Excavation (SOE) work along Pacific Street between Carlton Ave and Vanderbilt Ave. SOE installation will include drilling of 106 24” diameter soldier piles, installation of lagging, installation of tiebacks, excavation/disposal of soil and demolition and removal of the existing concrete retaining wall. Work is anticipated to be completed in June 2014.
• Contractor will continue drilling the 24” diameter soldier piles along Pacific Street from the inside of the LIRR yard during this reporting period. The drilling equipment will be located within the rail yard. Sound – dampening blankets have been installed along the length of fence on Pacific Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues.
• 47 piles have been installed to date.
• Demolition of a small portion of the retaining wall along Pacific Street (eastern end) has been completed.
• Contractor will continue installation of lagging, excavation of soil and demolition of the lower portion of the concrete retaining wall along Pacific Street during this reporting period.