From the latest Atlantic Yards Construction Alert: weather delays backfilling, modular deliveries should continue
Other work, including delivery of modules, is expected to continue.
Below are verbatim excerpts from the document.
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Backfilling will be suspended until the weather breaks. Work is projected to recommence in March.
• Rough in for the MEP trades will continue during this reporting period.
• Block work on the cellar will continue during this reporting period, weather permitting.
• Installation of temporary power and lights will be maintained throughout the project. This is an on-going activity.
• Daily cleanup activities of sidewalks and streets are ongoing as required.
• General Delivery of Modules Process: Deliveries commenced on Wednesday, night, December 11th. Deliveries are scheduled to take place during this reporting period weather permitting.LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Stage 2C work has commenced and will consist of Support of Excavation (SOE) work along Pacific Street between Carlton Ave and Vanderbilt Ave. SOE installation will include drilling of 106 24” diameter soldier piles, installation of lagging, installation of tiebacks, excavation/disposal of soil and demolition and removal of the existing concrete retaining wall. Work is anticipated to be completed in June 2014.Note that, as of the previous alert two weeks ago, 47 piles had been installed.
• Contractor will continue drilling the 24” diameter soldier piles along Pacific Street from the inside of the LIRR yard during this reporting period. The drilling equipment will be located within the rail yard. Sound – dampening blankets have been installed along the length of fence on Pacific Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues.
• 60 piles have been installed to date.
• Contractor will continue installation of lagging, excavation of soil and demolition of the lower portion of the concrete retaining wall along Pacific Street during this reporting period.
• Contractor will begin installation of tieback during this reporting period.