From the latest Atlantic Yards Construction Alert: work til 3 am weekdays, trench dug this weekend at Sixth Avenue and Pacific Street
The big news was already announced 2/9/12 in a Supplemental Alert, indicating work til 3 am weekdays through September to ensure the reconstruction of the Carlton Avenue Bridge.
Also, a trench will be dug at Sixth Avenue and Pacific Streets, with associated sheeting, for stormwater discharge work February 17-20, Friday through Sunday. "Traffic will be limited until it is plated," according to the alert, which does not specify how long that would go.
In an oddity, the alert states that "transformers are scheduled to be delivered to the arena site on 02/11/12," which was presumably already accomplished.
It also states that the "emergency generator was delivered to the arena site 02/02/12," which happened in the last reporting period but had not been announced in the previous alert.
The text below is excerpted from the latest document (bottom), with the bolded text indicating what's new compared to the previous alert.
Construction at the Arena Site
• Façade panel delivery will continue through this reporting period. • Precast concrete delivery to 752 Pacific Ave lots will continue this period.Steel Erection and Stadia Installation
The de-shoring of the primary roof trusses will be done during this reporting period. The de-shoring program has been reviewed with engineer of record and with DOB.Façade Installation
• The installation of façade panels at the street level and up to the Upper Concourse levels on Atlantic Avenue has been substantially completed. Contractor will return to install the façade panels at the uppermost elevation and in the area of the material hoist at a later date, projected to begin this reporting period and taking place on second shift.Waterproofing & Fireproofing
• The waterproofing of the interior walls of the east stormwater retention tank will continue this reporting period. This work may be performed on a second shift. The application of interior waterproofing at the west stormwater tank may begin this reporting period.Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing
• The boiler is being piped and electrical service to the boiler is being installed during this reporting period. The initial boiler permit inspection has been performed. At the inspector’s direction, several small revisions are to be performed in time for a second boiler inspection. Revisions and inspections are to be performed during this reporting period so as to secure approval for the use for temporary heat during this reporting period. The revisions required were completed – The boiler is scheduled to be fired on 02/08/12.
• The transformers are scheduled to be delivered to the arena site on 02/11/12.
• The emergency generator was delivered to the arena site 02/02/12.[BOTH AFTER the fact]
Subway Transit Canopy
Tile work has started. The steel stair nosings and stair tile work at the main entrance stair will follow the completion of the MEP work, painting and canopy ceiling installation. MEP work will progress over the next 2 months and will be followed by the canopy ceiling.Railard Work
Drainage SystemYards Lights
• Posillico/Tully is working from west to east to install deep drainage piping in the yard. They will also continue excavation for the associated stormwater manholes. This work will be ongoing for the next 2 months. Through this period, Retention Basins “A”, “B” and “D” have been completed and back-filled. Work will now move t to Basin “C”.
• During the week, to facilitate early start and late finish of work, Yard Flood Lights will be turned on at 6am and from dusk to 3:00 am, during double shifts through the completion of the Carlton Avenue Bridge replacement, as needed.Replacement of Adjacent Water Mains and other Utility Work
Stormwater discharge at Flatbush Avenue is complete but has not yet been inspected. Work on the discharge at 6th and Pacific Streets is scheduled to be performed the weekend of February 17th through 20th. The work will include a trench and associated sheeting or lagging approximately 17 to 20 feet deep to reach the bottom of the existing sewer main which the storm system will connect to. Because the main is almost in the center of the road and traffic will be limited until it is plated, and subject to DOT and OCMC approval, the trenching can be cut off at grade and plated over. This work will be coordinated with DOT, NYPD, FDNY as well as the arena contractor.Anticipated Nighttime & Weekend Work
During this reporting period the following work will be performed either at night or during the weekend as noted. All work will be done pursuant to approved permits:Atlantic Yards Construction Alert 2/13/12
• Long Island Rail Road/Vanderbilt Yard/ Carlton Avenue Bridge:
o All weekdays all locations in the yard: 6:00AM to 3:00 AMo Saturdays as required: 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM, as needed
o Sundays and Holidays as required: 8:00AM to 12:00AM, as needed
[in both cases extended form 11 PM]
o The weekend work being performed could be in any area of the yard, and within MPT areas for which permits are on hand.
o The work hours will remain in place through the completion of the Carlton Avenue Bridge replacement, as needed.• Arena Site:
o Arena weekend work will be scheduled no later than close of business on the preceding Thursday, where make-up work due to weather or other delays makes it necessary. Saturday work is expected to continue for this reporting period.
o Subject to receipt of permits, a second shift shall be continued throughout this reporting period, from 3 – 11 PM, Monday-Friday only. Also subject to receipt of permits, a third shift may be instituted during this reporting period, from 11 PM – 7 AM, Monday –Friday only.
o Hunt has been granted a permit to allow for deliveries from 6 AM to 7 AM to the Arena site from the dispatch center. This work allows for an additional hour of deliveries to take place outside the neighborhood peak traffic patterns and reduce congestion and interference with the local traffic.
o The second shift arena contractors are noted within the arena summary above.
• NYC Transit Improvements:
o Temporary concrete road decking has now been removed. In the future, if any additional work is required it will be performed at night per DOT regulations. Traffic will be restored every morning according to DOT stipulations.
Work related to the BMT structure and below grade concrete, steel and MEP work may be conducted on Saturdays, February 18th and 25th, during this reporting period.
• Arena Site Work:
o Underground utility work may occur within the site at the main plaza. Work will be conducted during the hours of 8 A.M. to 4 P.M., subject to NYCDOB permits.
• Block 1129 – staging area:
o Contractors conducting night work may have cause to enter and exit this area as it serves as a staging and material/equipment storage area.