From the latest Atlantic Yards Construction Alert: Dean Street closure Sept. 9, periodic relocation of employee entrance and security center on Dean
Also, the "Dean Security Command Center and Dean Employee Entrance"--both long located on Dean Street--"will periodically need to be closed and relocated to the Atlantic Entrance."
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Work related to the Interconnection of the Con Edison Vaults, electric and plumbing has been completed.LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• We have been advised that Con Edison is planning to work within Dean St (corner of Dean and Flatbush) to install the B2 temporary electrical service on September 9th. We have not been advised by Con Edison regarding the duration, but it is anticipated to take 2-3 days to complete their work. We are assuming that Dean Street may have to be closed between 6th and Flatbush for a portion of time to complete their work.
• Erection of Structural steel will continue during this reporting period. There will be approximately 4 to 5 steel trucks per day when the steel is delivered to the site. A separate logistics/site safety plan has been submitted for this work and approved by DOB.
• Erection of the Sidewalk Bridge at the Dean Street entrance has started and is scheduled to be completed during this reporting period.
• Pacific Street, between Carlton and 6th Avenues, has become one-way westbound; parking is only permitted along the south side of Pacific Street. The MPT is projected to be in place through October 2013.
• Excavation/hauling of soil will be ongoing during this reporting period.
• Installation of lagging and tieback and tieback testing along the south wall of the LIRR yard is expected to be completed by the end of this reporting period.
• Restoration of pavement, curbs and sidewalks along the north side of Pacific Street, between Carlton and 6th Avenues, will be ongoing during this reporting period. The MPT barrier and fence will be shifted to the north side of the sidewalk as sidewalk restoration progresses. Temporary barrier will replace the concrete barriers on Pacific Street to maintain the work zone until all work has been completed.