Note that the removal was supposed to happen this week, and hasn't happened yet. Then again, according to the previous two-week alert, it was supposed to happen during the week starting October 28.
Also, a new round of interim work begins at the Vanderbilt Yard, preliminary to a formal start of the permanent railyard.
The document was released by Empire State Development, the state agency overseeing/shepherding the project, after preparation by developer Forest City Ratner. It's unclear who's responsible for the delay.
Below are excerpts from the document.
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Subject to receipt of all approvals/permits erection of the Tower Crane and the removal of the crawler crane will be pushed into the week of November 11th. Once approval is issued from the DOB, Dean St will be closed as required; from 9 am to 5 pm. Access to the Arena’s loading dock will be coordinated via 6th Ave. during the time Dean St is closed. This will be coordinated with the Arena's staff.LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• Concrete for the metal deck above the Dean Street entrance will be poured during this reporting period. These pours will happen on separate days and will include 3-5 concrete trucks.
• Cutting and removal of support of excavation (SOE) steel braces will continue during this reporting period.
• Rough in for the MEP trades will start during this reporting period.
• Block work on the 1st sub-cellar and cellar is anticipated to start during this reporting period.
• Stage 2C will be started in mid-November and is anticipated to be completed in June 2014. Work will consist of Support of Excavation (SOE) work along Pacific Street between Carlton Ave and Vanderbilt Ave. SOE installation will include drilling of 106 24” soldier piles, installation of lagging, installation of tiebacks, excavation/disposal of soil and demolition and removal of the existing concrete retaining wall.
• Contractor to begin MPT installation along Pacific Street between Carlton and Vanderbilt during this reporting period. Primary features of this MPT plan are:
• Drilling of piles will be done from inside the yard;
• Maintenance of a work zone along the north edge of Pacific St;
• Maintenance of two 10’-6” travel lanes for the entire length of the block, thus allowing for two way traffic for access/egress to arena event parking (or wide construction loads with a flagger);
• Maintenance of a 16’-0” wide “Queuing Lane” along the south edge of Pacific Street between the 752 Pacific Street building and Vanderbilt Ave. This queuing lane is intended for use for arena show “Load-In” and (when/if necessary) for temporary lay-up of modules for B-2.