A reader sends me this email from an account executive at Ketchum, Absolut's advertising/p.r. agency, which explains the Absolut shillfest (aka Fifth Annual Brooklyn Blogfest):
Over the last several months, ABSOLUT has been collaborating with famed director and Brooklyn beloved Spike Lee, on a one-of-a-kind project that serves a veritable love letter to Brooklyn. As a creative visionary and voice of your community, we’d love to let you in on the secret by inviting you to join us in a viral, underground effort. As a participant, XXXXX will sign on to celebrate Brooklyn in a manner befitting of this beloved borough, and you will receive exclusive access to product, information and events before anyone else. In addition, we will ensure that your name and your site are a very special part of all the big news.
We have also recently been working with Louise Crawford of Only the Blog Knows Brooklyn on her Fifth Annual Brooklyn Blogfest. She mentioned she works closely with you on Blogfest and we are hoping you will help us reveal the announcement there, on June 8.
As a collaborator, we’d love to work with you to celebrate Brooklyn, including:
· A feature as our “Blogger of the Week” on ABSOLUT VODKA’s Facebook page (reaching half a million fans!)
· VIP access to a celebrity event in Brooklyn we are planning for early June
· Special call-out as a key collaborator during the Fifth Annual Brooklyn Blogfest on June 8
· Gift of a Flip camera to capture all the action this summer
· Gift of product that has yet to hit store shelves
And in turn, we want to leverage your creativity through:
· Your participation at the Fifth Annual Brooklyn Blogfest on June 8
· A dedicated blog post that we will unveil at Blogfest
· And most importantly…
We want your thoughts, ideas, feedback and excitement towards the program. ABSOLUT collaborations are wholeheartedly just that – a collaboration. If you are interested in joining us for the celebration, please let us know by May 12. We will be bringing all collaborators together on May 13 or 14 to share all the details. More to follow!