Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

A humbling encounter with a (civilian) reader

I assume that most readers of this blog have a keen interest in the Atlantic Yards project, whether they be concerned local residents, government or organizational officials, people who work with the developer, or the press.

But earlier this week, at a bank in Park Slope, I encountered someone far less invested. She told me she'd noticed my op-ed in the print edition of Monday's Metro, which was accompanied by my photo.

Me What did you think?

She: Well, I didn't finish it.

Me: It was only 500 words.

She: I'm not much of a reader.

The lesson, as a reader reminds me: very few people, even Brooklynites, have an informed opinion of the Atlantic Yards project.

Comments