Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

ESDC stonewalls FOI Law request, won't release fiscal impact study

So much for getting my hopes up about the Empire State Development Corporation's belated willingness to respond to my Freedom of Information Law request.

I refined my request and said my priority was a copy of the "independent economic impact analysis" in the General Project Plan (section G). This analysis states that there would be a $1.4 billion net gain in tax revenues from this project, but I've already pointed out that there seem to be enormous holes in it.

The response I got yesterday from the ESDC:
ESDC has reviewed your request for additional documentation with respect to the financial analysis performed by ESDC. At this time there are no additional documents that are subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Law.
It is possible that additional information will be compiled and made available at a later date. If additional information is prepared for release to the public - ESDC will certainly make the same available to you.


Some of our elected representatives should take responsibility for this issue. The state can't simply make a claim like this without backing it up, can it?

Comments