From the latest Construction Update: passage around B3 (Dean/Sixth) site to be constricted, as sidewalk closes for walkway
According to the document, the MPT (Maintenance and Protection of Traffic) "may be bumped out according to approved site safety plans during this reporting period. The Dean Street sidewalk in front of the MPT will be closed and a pedestrian walkway will be maintained." No diagrams were provided.
Also, at the Vanderbilt Yard, "Installation of 24” diameter caisson piles for foundations will resume during this reporting period." While not described as such, this could be noisy.
Saturday work may continue at B2 (461 Dean Street, modular), B3, B11 (550 Vanderbilt Avenue), B12 (615 Dean Street). Night and weekend work is expected at the Vanderbilt Yard, as described below.
Other new work is described below, verbatim.
B3 - 38 Sixth Avenue
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼• Preparation of hoist installation will begin during this reporting period.
LIRR Yard Activities - Block 1120 & 1121
• Delivery and installation of the LIRR Employee Building are expected to be completed during April 2016. Delivery of the building sections is expected to take place during overnight hours during the week of April 4, 2016 with setting of the sections taking place during the day. Vehicles will access ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼the site at Pacific and Vanderbilt and will be stored overnight in the Pacific Street staging area. Installation of the substation equipment may require overnight, extended weekday work hours, and/or weekend hours to complete.
• Building and platform foundations and foundation pile installation will resume during this reporting period.
Night and weekend work is expected at the Vanderbilt Yard:
• Weekend Electrical Utility work (conduit and conduit support installation) is being performed inside the LIRR Tunnel and will continue during this reporting period.
• Weekend Yard and West Portal work that requires coordination with LIRR operations may be performed during the reporting period. Work is expected to include excavation, foundation forming/rebar work for the employee facility crash wall and West Portal steel erection.
B14- 535 Carlton Avenue
• Installation of hydronic piping for boilers.
• Installation of waterproofing and flashing.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼B15 (6th Ave and Pacific Street)
• A two-story garage remains on site and is expected to be demolished, upon receipt of all necessary approvals.