According to the latest Atlantic Yards Construction Update (below), released yesterday by Empire State Development after preparation by Forest City Ratner, the duration will be eight month, and will start in two week:
MPT [maintenance and protection of traffic] for the pile drilling along the southern side of the yard on Pacific Street between 6th Avenue and Carlton Avenue is currently planned to be installed during the week of February 18th. The MPT will consist of a construction fence above jersey barriers, creation of a construction logistics/work area on Pacific Street which will result in the closure of the north sidewalk on Pacific and use of a portion of the street bed adjacent to the sidewalk. During the time that the MPT is in place, Pacific Street, between Carlton and 6th Avenues, will become one-way westbound; parking will only be permitted along the south side of Pacific Street. The MPT is projected to be in place for approximately eight (8) months.
Also, the alert announced work on the B-2 modular tower:
• Delivery of additional equipment as required supporting continued excavation.
• Support of Excavation (SOE) piles will continue to be installed and filled with concrete.
• Continue first cut / excavation of site work conditions in coordination with approved SOE and commence 2nd excavation cut down another +/- 8ft.
• Test pile installation complete 1/30/13. Testing procedure to commence. Production drilling installation activities targeted to start 2/11/13.
• Daily cleanup activities of sidewalks and streets as required ongoing.