A selection of the perfectly chosen/delivered quotes:
- “How befitting for the future King of England to travel to Kings County!” said Borough President Eric Adams, thrilled by the impending arrival of both Cambridge and Cleveland royalty.
- “So it’s nice that he’s coming to Brooklyn,” said Debra Bock-Woo, 62, who lives near Barclays Center. “I hope they enjoy themselves. It might be their first basketball game.”
- “That’s so cool,” [Barclays worker Collis Matthews] said Friday. “That’s going to bring a lot of attention here. It’s good for them to come have a little fun. A lot of people are going to want to see ’em.
- “It’s a good thing,” said Brooklyn native Sonya Mighty. “Brooklyn is a great place to visit. There’s plenty to see here — the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Grand Army Plaza. It’s an amazing place.”
- “Oh wow!” the Brooklynite [Nurys Garcia] said. “It’s really exciting and nice that they’re coming, especially here in Brooklyn. I’m sure security will be really tight and traffic is going to be crazy.”
- “It’ll be really nice,” she said. “The Barclays Center is great. It brings so many here to Brooklyn. And now to have the royals come here? I might show up.”
(The news also made TIME.com.)