From the latest Atlantic Yards (not Pacific Park) Construction Alert: module delivery proceeds steadily, Atlantic Avenue barriers coming
Rather, it was the continued use of language like this:
In our ongoing effort to update you on the activities surrounding the Atlantic Yards Project, attached is the construction update for the weeks beginning August 4, 2014.After all, Forest City and its Chinese government-owned partner/overseer, the Greenland Group, have already rebranded Atlantic Yards as Pacific Park.
In an effort to keep the Atlantic Yards Community aware of upcoming construction activities, ESD and Forest City Ratner provide the following outline of anticipated upcoming construction activities. We hope it keeps you informed and helps you plan for any possible inconveniences. Please let us know if there’s any way we can improve these updates.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact ESD’s Manager, Atlantic Yards Project Community/Government Relations or at 212-803-3736 or AtlanticYards@esd.ny.gov
But Empire State Development has not changed the name, and indicated it won't (though, who knows). That'll be interesting.
Updates of note: modules at B2, barriers on Atlantic
The delivery and installation of modules is now proceeding at a steady pace, with 51 modules delivered in the previous two-week period, for a total of 297, out of 930. That comes on top of 57, 24, and 48 in the previous period.
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Erection of 10th floor is complete Erection of 11th floor modules will commence in September 2014. During this this reporting period mechanical, plumbing and electrical mate line work will continue.LIRR Yard Activities - Block 1120 & 1121
• A total of 297 modules have been delivered and installed with the completion of the 10th floor.
• Rough in for the MEP trades in the basement and ground floor will continue during this reporting period.
• Exterior and interior wall framing will continue during this reporting period.
• Hoist is operational and will continue to be jumped up the building during this reporting period.
• Work related to the perimeter framing for the metal panels on the 1st floor and Dean Street entrance will continue during this reporting period.
• Particulate monitoring has been discontinued until such time that any soil disturbing activities take place at the B2 site.
• Pending DOT approval, water main tie-in work on Flatbush Avenue is scheduled during the reporting period. Pursuant to the stipulations of the DOT permit, this work would take place at night.
• Exterior punch list on the building will take place during this reporting period. There will be a hanging scaffold on the exterior of the building.
• Pacific Street between 6th Avenue and Carlton Avenue has been converted to one-way only (westerly traffic flow) and MPT has been installed along the north side of Pacific Street in order to allow for pile drilling preparations in this area. Work will include support of excavation (SOE) work including the installation of soldier piles, lagging and tiebacks.LIRR Yard Activities – Atlantic Avenue
• During this reporting period, the contractor will prepare the area inside of the Pacific Street MPT for drilling. This work includes sidewalk removal, grading, and relocation of light poles.
• Pile drilling along the north side of Pacific Street will continue during this reporting period and is expected to take approximately 4 months to complete. During this time period the north sidewalk will be closed. Once pile drilling is complete, the MPT will be shifted further north allowing two-way traffic to be returned on Pacific Street; however the north sidewalk in the area of the work will remain closed for ongoing SOE installations. The MPT will remain in this location with this portion of the north sidewalk closed for approximately 8 months. Noise blankets will be installed on the chain link fence around the work area. Compressors will be located below grade in the LIRR yard.
• During this reporting period, demolition of the existing concrete site access ramp will continue at the west end of Block 1120 just east of 6th Avenue. Construction access to the yard has been shifted to the earthen ramp located on Pacific Street just east of Carlton Avenue.
• During this reporting period, the Contractor will continue excavation and hauling of soil from Blocks 1120 and 1121. Soil that has been classified as clean, contaminated or hazardous will be removed from the site as part of the excavation activities and brought to appropriate disposal locations. While this work is underway, protocols for the trucks entering and exiting the site have been put into place. These protocols provide instruction on roadway routing to and from the project site, queuing of trucks while on site and vehicle idling.
• Contractor will continue installation of tiebacks, lagging, excavation of soil and demolition of the lower portion of the concrete retaining wall along Pacific Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues during this reporting period.
• All work shall be done during daytime hours pursuant to approved DOT permits; while not expected, if required, any nighttime or weekend work would be pursuant to proper permits and advance notification will be given to the community.
• Particulate monitoring will continue during these activities and soil will be kept damp as needed.
• Installation of the Stage 2 of the MPT plan may start during this reporting period. This work will include the installation of the concrete jersey barriers along with the required fencing and protection along Atlantic Avenue (starting at Fort Greene Place and proceeding east to South Cumberland). This will allow for construction of the LIRR West Portal along the south side of Atlantic Avenue. MPT installations along Atlantic Avenue will be modified as work progresses. This work will be ongoing and MPT will be in place along Atlantic Avenue for approximately 24 months. Transportation Enforcement Agents (TEAs) will continue to be in place, as outlined in the DOT permit stipulations.How to Reach Our Community Liaison Office (CLO)
• Throughout the term of the MPT installation 3 westbound lanes and 2 eastbound lanes of traffic will be maintained.
The Community Liaison Office is being relocated to Atlantic Center, 625 Atlantic Avenue. Located on the 3rd floor, visitors seeking the office should enter through the mall entrance located at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and So. Portland Avenue. The CLO’s hours are M-F from 9am – 4pm and the phone number, 866-923-5315 and email, email@example.com will remain the same.