- 6. Secretary to the Governor Lawrence Schwartz (a sometime gatekeeper on Atlantic Yards issues)
- 17. Kathryn Wylde, President and CEO, Partnership for New York City (a reliable AY backer)
- 24. Judy Rapfogel, Chief of Staff to Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (whose son works for Forest City Ratner and husband's charity benefited from a Barclays Center concert)
- 33. Gary LaBarbera, President, Building and Construction Trades Council of Greater New York (signed the agreement allowing for lower union wages at the modular factory)
- 51. Suri Kasirer, President, Kasirer Consulting ("Perhaps the most successful lobbyist in New York City and one of the most successful in Albany," her firm works for Forest City Ratner)
Pacific Park Brooklyn is seriously delayed, Forest City Realty Trust said yesterday in a news release, which further acknowledged that the project has caused a $300 million impairment, or write-down of the asset, as the expected revenues no longer exceed the carrying cost.
The Cleveland-based developer, parent of Brooklyn-based Forest City Ratner, which is a 30% investor in Pacific Park along with 70% partner/overseer Greenland USA, blamed the "significant impairment" on an oversupply of market-rate apartments, the uncertain fate of the 421-a tax break, and a continued increase in construction costs.
While the delay essentially confirms the obvious, given that two major buildings have not launched despite plans to do so, it raises significant questions about the future of the project, including:
if market-rate construction is delayed, will the affordable h…